When I got back from camp, Marcy and I went to see the Indigo Girls at a Concert at the ZOO!! It was so much fun. We took a picnic dinner, and really enjoyed relaxing and listening to great music. Brandi Carlile showed up as a surprise guest, which was a cool bonus to the evening.
This past week I was busy at work getting things ready for the upcoming school year. I'm going to teach two Personal Growth Classes at a Seattle Public Schools Middle School as part of my Girl Scout job. I'm really excited about it, and I get to create my own curriculum, with lots of fun lessons on self-esteem, team building, bullying, etc...
Then, this weekend, Marcy and I spent a lot of time with Linden. (Background Info: During Grad School, Marcy started working as a care-giver for Linden, who is developmentally delayed) Linden's parents are in Paris for the week, so Marcy is staying with her, taking her to t-ball, and doing lots of other fun stuff This weekend we went bowling, swimming, and hiking. Linden works at Starbucks as a cafe attendant, and she always like to talk to me about Starbucks and what drinks I've had lately and what I get to do at work. We had a fun, relaxing weekend, and I'm ready for a full week back at work!!
Art Projects at Camp
Tie-Dye Fun
Kayaking
Marcy and me at the Indigo Girls Concert
Video of Indigo Girls singing "Closer to Fine." Beware - it's shaky and off-centered - I was grooving to the music...just like all the other folks around me :)
I've got a really fun month ahead...
Tomorrow: Badge Workshop with my Girl Scout Troop - I haven't seen the girls since our camping trip, so I'm really excited
This weekend: Going to see "Julie and Julia" - YAY!! I love Julia Child and hello, it's my namesake in the movie :)
Aug. 13-20: My dad is coming to visit - we've got a JAM PACKED week planned and he hasn't been out here since I moved here, so it should be really fun!!
Aug. 24-30: Marcy and I are going on a backpacking trip in the Olympic Mountains - 60 miles total!!
Sept. 4-7: NYC with my parents, Bryan and Leann - SO FUN!!
Sept. 9: First Day of School!!



No comments:
Post a Comment